Whilst John Cox specialises in claims with persons suffering from psychological and psychiatric injuries, and also first responders such as police, ambulance and fire & rescue, he also acts for people that have sustained physical injuries, and that have been injured in a range of other circumstances:

Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)

  • If you have been injured by the driver of a motor vehicle, you may be eligible to lodge a claim against the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the driver;
  • You can lodge a claim if the motor accident which caused your injuries was the other driver’s fault;
  • In circumstances where you have been injured in a motor accident, but the accident was not the other driver’s fault, or anyone else’s fault, you may be eligible to bring a ‘blameless motor accident’ claim;
  • You can claim the following compensation if you are entitled to bring a MVA claim:
    • Past and future economic loss
    • General damages for pain and suffering
    • Past out of pocket medical expenses
    • Future medical expenses
    • Past and future domestic assistance
  • If you have sustained severe or catastrophic injuries as a result of the MVA, you may also be entitled to receive treatment and rehabilitation services under the Lifetime Care and Support Scheme, through the Lifetime Care and Support Authority (soon to be Insurance and Care NSW). This is regardless of who was at fault in the accident.


Negligence Claims

  • If you have been injured by a medical practitioner whilst obtaining treatment from them, you may be entitled to bring a medical negligence claim;
  • The injury can be caused by the negligence of the medical practitioner;
  • Medical negligence claims can be factually complex, and difficult to prove causation (that the injury resulted because of the practitioner’s negligence). It is therefore important to retain a legal practitioner who is experienced in prosecuting such claims successfully. John, as an accredited specialist in personal injury, has extensive experience and success in this area.

Need legal assistance?

Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll be in touch ASAP.

Contact us